Search engines are constantly changing their search algorithms in order to give users the best quality and most relevant results. Today we will discuss Google Search updates in the autumn of 2021.
And also if you are interested in the development of CRM for movers, then you can always order services from Best movers crm
Snippet titles can be replaced by the search engine.
Since the middle of August, Google started changing snippet titles in the search results in itself. This is often not the most appropriate option for businesses. Google says that it will alter the snippet’s title in the event that it does not accurately describe the content of the page. The most common reasons for the eyes of the search engine have are the title not being correct, or the absence of essential elements, or the page content.
Google expects the title to accurately represent the page and be informative. It shouldn’t draw attention. This is why the use of the same title on each page, regardless of the content is also considered to be unsuitable. This is the reason why the system inserts text on the page.
Some examples of titles that Google now considers irrelevant:
- Template titles are available on several website pages.
- Inaccurate Names (Giant toy animal, teddy bears and polar bears Site name);
- Half-empty titles (…
- Obsolete titles (Criteria for Admission to Ohio University in 2020);
Google published the Control your title link in the manual for search results in autumn 2021. This document is focused on titles links (clickable titles that appear above search results snippets) and provides tips on how to generate titles. Along with this document, the search engine released a guide for creating informative excerpts. By adhering to these guides, you will prevent Google’s algorithms from replacing snippet titles.
To make a title, the search engine suggests:
- Use elements from your brand in your title. You can add the company name at the beginning or at the end of the title, separating it with a colon, an hyphen, or v-bar.
- Use short and informative titles that accurately reflect the page’s content.
- Make sure to use a distinct title on each page
- Beware of excessive use of keywords. The excessive use of keywords could be considered to be spam.
The documents also provide information on how Google will display snippets in search results. Google could use names for snippets that do not follow the guidelines.
- The body text of the page
- Link text at the at the bottom of the page
- Page text is marked in the style of a specific person;
- The text on the hyperlinks to the page.
- Subheading and heading tags for h1 through h6
According to Serpstat.com between August 2021 and September 2021 Google altered the snippets that were included in 60% of URLs in the study (7.185 out of 12,000).
This is useful to optimizers and other professionals who develop meta tags (such small-scale business owners with websites) to manage titles and short snippets. The title shouldn’t be too long, or too spammy and must be informative.
Updates in SEO for online stores
In the autumn of 2021, Google updated its SEO promotional guideline for e-commerce. The guide contains information about:
- Analyzing the search engine structure of the online store;
- The launch of an online store
- The impact of pagination as well as slow loading (gradual or delayed loading) of web pages on website position in Google;
- The URL structure was created for the online store.
- The inclusion of structured data related to e-commerce to the website;
- Services where customers and other internet users can view the contents of online stores.
- Data about the product (feed) to Google;
The guide mentions that products from online stores appear both in search results as well as on the Google Lens, Google My Business, and Maps services. Google encourages the promotion of product reviews, product feeds and customer service points and live streamings.
The guide is beneficial for projects that are new because it gives up-to-date guidelines for creating and launching an online store.
In September, Google announced the use of MUM (multitask unimodal model) technology in multimodal search using Google Lens. It is now easier to locate the answer to tough questions using images and text search options. For instance, you could find a bicycle that is damaged and submit a repair request in the same moment.
This technology can also be useful for e-commerce. This feature lets customers look for socks that have similar patterns to their shirt. This feature will be available in 2022.
This is why it’s so important. Multimodal search is another method to advertise your online store’s merchandise. Correct product card marking and accurate data on the product aid in increasing the visibility of your product through this channel.
New approach to assessing website quality and the quality of business
In October, it became known that the guidelines used to evaluate the quality of search results had been changed. The updated document version is:
- An extended definition of the subcategory YMYL Groups of people. The subcategory now includes a variety of social and economic collectivities (e.g. gender identity or caste, the victims of violent events and their families, those who have been granted immigration status, and others). Publishing content that is connected to these groups is more dependent on E-A-T principles.
- Guidelines for analyzing the reputation of content and websites creators have been revised. The search engine has altered the method it uses to assess the credibility of a website (expert) and what it considers to be reliable sources of information regarding reputation. Google examines the contents of websites and determines if it is part of YMYL. Google evaluates blogs and websites pages that might affect users’ finances or their health YMYL. Thus, it is the positive feedback of experts that is crucial for a YMYL-related site (e.g. an medical clinic) information page. Customer feedback is essential for online stores. This is a significant update since it demonstrates that customer feedback is more important than the informational YMYL websites, whose EA may differ.
Rating of page quality
Since the year 2020, based on the E-A-Tmodel, Google has assigned each page an overall Page Quality Rating. The idea is that each webpage should be a part of a larger picture, and should fulfill the purpose for which it was created. The purpose of the page and the degree to which the page fulfills it are evaluated by the Page Quality Rating, which we’ve discussed in detail in this article.
In October 2021, Google supplemented the Page Quality Rating.
- A simplified definition of Upsetting Offensive is possible. It is no longer overlapping with the Lowest quality pages section. That is, the robot will judge the website to be unsatisfactory or offensive without mixing the two terms.
- They have revised the criteria for evaluating low- and high-quality pages and have expanded the category on the lowest quality pages. Content of low quality can now be considered information that poses a threat to others or specific groups of people. Sharing confidential information about someone without their consent is an example of harm. Also, it includes material that encourages suicide or murder or encourages dehumanizing stereotypes of a particular group.
- In the new year it will be possible to search for images and a message at the same time.
- Google alters the title of a page when it determines that the title is in its opinion, misleading or uninformative. The title should be formatted according to the rules and recommendations of the search engine.
- The criteria used to assess the quality of the website and the business that it represents have been supplemented. The criteria used to judge low-quality sites and bad content have been more clearly defined.
- Google Search has been updated to deliver the best results. These include reliable websites that are quality and trustworthy.
- There are many more ways to promote online stores products: they appear in the search results as well as in search engine services.